Friday, January 16, 2009

Wondermom!

So I was reading a story about the French Justice Minister Rachida Dati who has returned to work just five days after giving birth to her first child via C-section, a baby girl named Zohra. Dati was spotted at the Elysee Palace in heels! Now I'm no pregnantologist, but is this lady serious? Five days! I’m all for being a career mom--alpha woman rah, rah-- but this lady is taking it too far. She probably was sitting in the Monday morning meeting, stitches busting, bleeding through her shirt--eww. Maybe it’s best this lady did have a C-section because if she had a natural birth she would’ve been walking around with placenta hanging out her ying-yang. I can’t help but to question her parenting skills. God forbid her little girl breaks her ankle on a soccer field, she’ll take her to get a cask….then drive her right back to the game saying “Now make mommy proud”. Obviously, her priorities are ordered: a) work, b.) more work, and c.) didn’t I have a kid or something a few days ago? Maybe it’s just my own biased opinion, but I think a bedside feeding is more important than a cabinet meeting. I don’t know how long this android women has been away from Krypton, but if I just had a kid I would be laying in my bed doped up on some morphine.

No comments:

Post a Comment