Friday, January 9, 2009

The wheels on the bus...


So I was reading today about a school bus driver in Montana who made an unscheduled stop at a liquor store. Then she allegedly asked a student to help hide her purchases when police stopped her. "It does not appear the driver had been drinking", Billings Public Schools Superintendent Jack Copps said. No charges had been filed but the driver quit her job this week.


So let me get this straight, this poor soul got a bus full of rowdy, snotty nose kids. They've probably been throwing paper balls, pencils and putting boogers on her while she's driving. I was there, I remember those days I'm sure it's only gotten worse. In lieu of turning around to choke the hell out of one of those damn brats, she handles the situation in a very adult way. She thought, "OK, I'm just going to swing past Eddie's Liquor/Check Cashing, get myself a bottle of some Maddog 20/20—but I'm not going to drink it yet because that's the responsible thing to do." And they want to prosecute her for that?! Do you know how many times I got off a school bus with a migraine and crook in my neck because of a drunken school bus driver. It's normal, that's what they do! They can't tolerate people's bad ass kids so they have to tip the bottle every now and then.

Furthermore, that little chic who's supposed to be hiding her stash is a snitch. I was seven years old getting off the bus with my Rugrats lunchbox and a slipped disk, but I didn't complain. The lesson to be learned is: Parents need to teach their kids the rule of the streets: snitches get stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment